Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 36

It's starting to come together.  We got our countertops.  Pebble Caesarstone in the kitchen and Staturetto marble in the dining room.  




I don't have a photo of the marble yet, because it is still covered up for the painters.  As you can see above, our Bianco Carrara marble tile backsplash has been installed (but not grouted).




We have new interior doors.  (Thanks, Dad!)




And behind Door #1 is my laundry room with my new shoe shelves -




When Greg saw the shelves he said, "We don't have that many shoes."  I have almost filled it up, and I don't think everything is going to fit.  But at least most of the shoes will be consolidated from many random places in our house.

Although my contractor told me that we might get into House and Home magazine if we expanded my patchwork paint on the walls, I decided to go with one color - a much lighter shade than any that I showed you -




The color is Misty Moonshine by Glidden but mixed by Sherwin Williams.  It is almost white with a hint of gray.  It reflects so much light that we don't need to turn on the lights.  It kind of makes me feel like I'm living in an art museum...without the art.  I love it.

Now, if someone will just help me clean up all of this dust, it will look great.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Great choice! And I like your very logical reasons why.
white marble tile

imlanguages said...

This information is meaningful and magnificent which you have shared here. I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post and It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here. Home & Income Options.