Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tile

I have almost finished selecting everything for my kitchen and dining room, but I am still undecided about the tile back splash (and a few other small details like flooring).   I have narrowed the tile down to some good options.  I love the look of marble and originally toyed with the idea of installing marble counter tops.  However, after much research I decided I would be too nervous about staining or etching it (and it's expensive).  The Granite Gurus website was extremely helpful in making my decision.

Then, I stumbled upon this kitchen with navy cabinets and large marble tile.  A tile guy once told me that the bigger the tile, the bigger the space will look.  I found some beautiful 8 x16 Eastern white marble tile at Ann Saks -



But it's expensive, too.  So, I came up with a backup plan from Floor & Decor.  I have been to that store several times in the past and have been slightly annoyed that there was nobody around that could answer my questions.  This week, there were many people available, so I had a better experience.  I found several tile options.

 Carrara White -




Bianco Carrara -




They carry it in 2x4, 3x6, 6x6, and 6x12.  I like that you can actually see what's in the boxes -




They also have some beautiful "venetian art" that would make a big impact in a kitchen or bathroom -






I'll let you know what ends up fitting into my budget...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great work done with creative ideas. It prove useful for all those who are planning to remodel. looking wonderful.
white marble tile