Friday, February 17, 2012

My color story

About a month ago, I ordered some fabric that looks like this -




I like the fact that it looks like a painting, and the neon colors are very "on trend".  I really wanted to make a long skirt out of it, but I thought, "Where am I going to wear a long splatter paint skirt?"  And then I realized, "Fashion Week!"  So, although it took me 20 hours to make it (due to trying to figure out how to line a skirt with an invisible zipper), I finished it just in time to wear on Friday in New York -



Normally, nobody makes eye contact on the subway in New York, but when I got on wearing this skirt, everyone stared at me.  I soon realized that not only was I wearing a very "loud" skirt, I was the only person wearing any color at all.  However, I fit right in at Lincoln Center.  I actually had a lot of bloggers and media people photograph and interview me.  It was humorous to hear several of them in their nice British accents say (as they wrote on their notepads), "Meredith in her handmade skirt.  Jacket by Target."  I was definitely representing the economical end of fashion. 

3 comments:

Miriam Moore said...

The pictures don't pop up. Such anticipation!

Meredith M Howard said...

The pictures should come up. Try again in a different browser. If they are still not working, let me know.

Miss Lori Akin said...

I like it! I would love a knee length one. I am impressed by your sewing skills! :)