Monday, February 6, 2012

Minimalism

I would like to end this year with less stuff than I have now and to have a smaller, more focused wardrobe.  However, with regard to my wardrobe, I don't really know where to focus.  I feel like my tastes change so often.  I am hoping a common theme will emerge over this year. 

Last night, I was reading "I Love Your Style - How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style" by Amanda Brooks.  She discusses different styles - Classic, Bohemian, Minimal, High Fashion, Street, Eclectic.  I don't think I have to go with just one style, but I was immediately drawn to these photos in "Minimal" -



Amanda Brooks


Sophia Coppola

Then I woke up this morning really wanting a pair of black snakeskin ballet flats.  I guess my subconscious thought is that if I'm only going to have a few items in my closet, they should be simple, well-made and beautiful.  I'm a little surprised by that feeling, because I'm usually drawn to what is bright and flashy.  Do you like the "Minimal" style?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I think you can still go minimalist and have color and simple in your wardrobe. The fur collar and the dark attire is to drab for you in my opinion .

Meredith M Howard said...

I agree with you, Ellen. I couldn't totally abandon color.