Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two days in the museum




Last week, I spent 2 days at the High Museum.  They are currently showing an exhibit called "Modern Masters" that includes work by Matisse, Picasso, Warhol, and Pollock.




It is an inspiring exhibit.  Unfortunately, the Atlanta museum won't let me show you pictures of the art. However, I do have a photo of one of the Jackson Pollock paintings that I took at the Met in New York in 2008 -




To some people it may look like a mess, but I am fascinated by it.  I can stare at it for a long time. He inspired me to paint this a few years ago -




One of my new favorites is Romare Bearden.  He created some amazing collages depicting life in Harlem in the 1920's and 30's.  You can go to http://www.high.org/moma.aspx#/Picasso-to-Warhol/video to see his work as well as the others.   

No comments: