Saturday, April 30, 2011

Top Chef fans, guess who I met tonight?

On the way to my high school reunion on Friday, I felt nervous and bored at the same time -  a very odd combination.  There were maybe 2 people that I really wanted to see, and I could probably arrange to see them at another time.  But I ended up having a really good time and talking to a lot of really interesting people.  Hopefully, by the next reunion I will have the perfect camera equipment that will enable me to take beautiful pictures at night.  (However, by then we may not want pictures of ourselves posted on the internet.)

My family felt that I should have a real birthday celebration, so my parents came into town and took us out to dinner tonight.  We went to Flip -




And guess who was there?




Richard Blais!  Recent winner of Top Chef All Stars and owner of Flip.  After cheering for him on so many episodes, it was surreal to meet him.  It made me feel like I was on a reality show for a minute. 





That's my dad.  (I bet he never thought he would make it onto my blog.)  In the reflection of the silver lamp shade you can see my husband, me, my daughter, my mom, and a blur of my other daughter.

And this is why we come to Flip -





Nutella and burnt marshmallow milkshake.  As you can see in the next picture, I finished my dessert before my meal -





It was an altogether satisfying experience.

No comments: