Sunday, March 13, 2011

The end of myself



There are some things in life that come naturally for me - like this blog.  It's work, but not hard work.  It just flows out of me. 

Other things are more difficult for me - like having a conversation first thing in the morning, remaining even-keeled when my children have disobeyed every word I have spoken, staying calm in construction traffic, being kind to someone who has hurt my feelings.

Those are the times when I come to the end of myself and say, "I just can't do this."  And that is exactly where God wants me.  He wants to step in right there and transform something deep in my soul...

1 comment:

Amy Creyer said...

Thanks for following me!

I feel the same way about my blog. It flows out of my spirit in a very natural way. It doesn't feel like work. I feel like I meant to be doing this. It's an incredible feeling, realizing that you are on the right path.

Keep up the good work!

xo

Amy